Learn about People Analytics through our introductory, SHRM accredited course
About The Friedman Group
Michael Friedman, the Principal of TFG, has more than 30 years of global experience in designing, managing, and implementing initiatives in Talent Analytics, Leadership Development, and Organizational Design.
He was formerly an executive at a Fortune 500 company and adjunct faculty at Rice University. Michael has also been a podcaster and speaker at professional associations, as well as serving as an adviser to numerous Boards of Directors, consulting on executive assessment, selection, and CEO Succession.
Michael continues to observe a number of challenges within the Talent Management arena:
- Technology, if in use at all is centralized & owned by HR- instead of being easily accessible to line management
- Assessment processes are still highly subjective, rather than evidenced-based
- Succession Planning has become an annual ‘check the box’ activity
- Development is hit and miss or just a collection of training programs
- Talent analytics are non-existent, except in the largest organizations
Michael and his colleagues formed TFG to address these issues.